Metalyser Portable HM1000
Contamination of our water resources by toxic heavy metals is becoming an increasing problem the world over. Widespread industrial and urban pollution is responsible for introducing these heavy metals into the environment. This problem is particularly acute in the developing world where unchecked industrial growth, lack of monitoring facilities and failure to enforce environmental regulations only serve to add to the severity of the situation.
The Metalyser HM1000 has been designed specifically to allow easier, cost-effective monitoring of heavy metals most commonly associated with health and environmental problems.
Developed and manufactured solely in the UK, the Metalyser offers a breakthrough in terms of a simple-to-use field instrument that offers high levels of accuracy at an attractive price.
Analysis of heavy metals in water has traditionally been difficult in the field. By combining the proven method of Anodic Stripping Voltammetry (ASV) along with an innovative sonde design and a simple buffer delivery system, Trace2o has developed an instrument that can finally deliver reproducible results on site.
The design of the Metalyser allows for the addition of future parameters, without the need to upgrade the instrument. 10 of the more common parameters are currently available for analysis using the HM1000.
Benefits of the Metalyser Portable HM1000
- Field based detection of heavy metals in water to low ppb concentrations providing data at site
- Rapid results allowing immediate action on remediation
- No complicated sample preparation or analysis procedures in the field allowing non-technical personnel the ability to obtain lab-comparable results
- Step-by-step pictorial guides allowing non-experienced personnel the ability to use instrument quickly and easily without reading in-depth manuals
- Low cost per test
- No PC required for sample analysis
- Rugged and durable instrumentation built for tough environments allowing operation even in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to measure 10 parameters - As (III), As (total), Cd, Cr*, Cu, Hg, Mn, Ni*, Pb and Zn (* - under development
HM1000 - Metalyser Portable
Complete with Sonde assembly, electrodes, consumable kit and buffers and standards for 50 tests. Supplied in a hard-shell carry case.
• Robust and waterproof design to
• User removable electrodes
• Internal data logger with memory
for 1000 results
• USB connectivity
• Windows based analysis software
• LCD graphical display
• Joystick cursor control
• Multiple power options - rechargeable
battery/ mains AC/ vehicle cigarette lighter socket
• Integral self-levelling Sample Analysis
• Software expandable for further parameters
Analytical principle: Anodic & Cathodic stripping voltammetry
using disc working electrodes
Parameters measured: Arsenic (III), Total Arsenic, Cadmium, Chromium*, Copper, Lead, Manganese, Mercury, Nickel*, Zinc (* - under development)
Temperature range: -20°C to +70°C
Results obtained in 5 minutes
Internal memory: 1000 data sets with facility to enter sample
number, time and data
Transfer via USB to PC
New application methods can be uploaded to the unit via USB
LCD full graphics backlit display: 128 pixels x 128 pixels
Joystick cursor control
Menu driven software
Rechargeable battery providing in excess of 50 tests per charge
Alternative power supply via mains adaptor or vehicle cigarette lighter
Waterproof to IP67 CE mark
Dimensions: 470mm(L) x 370 (W) x 170 (D) Net weight: 9Kg
Limits of Detection
* - under development, limits quoted are provisional.